First time inground pool

Jun 17, 2017
Florida
this is the first time I've ever had an inground pool. my landlord just hired a pool company for $175 a week But they want $400 to make it sparkly blue again. I know that I can do it, but she won't let me. I don't know why she thinks that she can continue to literally throw money down the drain and it will get better. Please help me I don't know what to do. Other than on the down low start the SLAM process

Attachments

• 20200421_072006.jpg
    20200421_072006.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 8
this is the first time I've ever had an inground pool. my landlord just hired a pool company for $175 a week But they want $400 to make it sparkly blue again. I know that I can do it, but she won't let me. I don't know why she thinks that she can continue to literally throw money down the drain and it will get better. Please help me I don't know what to do. Other than on the down low start the SLAM process

Crazy $175 a week and $400 wow

Reactions: Reddcurrlz
I can't convince her to fire him. The green was there before he was. Btw he put 8 tablets in chlorinator. I am personally not comfortable messing with the pump doing back washes or backflushing, whatever it is called. I would hate to hurt her equipment and have to pay for it.

Reactions: Mendy48
I can't convince her to fire him. The green was there before he was. Btw he put 8 tablets in chlorinator. I am personally not comfortable messing with the pump doing back washes or backflushing, whatever it is called. I would hate to hurt her equipment and have to pay for it.

Wait so it's not your pool. Sorry mis-read. So she's the one paying the pool company to get her pool ready for the summer?

Makes you sick to see this n know someone would blindly throw money away like a pool boy throws pucks in a pool.

I dont see you swimming anytime soon. I'd love to sit n watch... is he at least decent to look at? I hire out my lawn for $50 a cut n weedwhack. This company is worth it for me because I cant cut it because i have a lot of metal in my feet n the hubs can't do it anymore. Takes them 20 minutes. I'm just saying... he's you know... ? worth every penny. :mrgreen:

Where in Florida are you to be paying $175 a week for pool service? Even at $175 a month (I am hoping it was a typo) that is still high. Most pool guys charge $25 - $30 a visit. Even at that they are not worth it.

Tell your landlord to pay you the $400 and take $100 off a month in rent and you will take care of the pool. If you listen to the people here you wont damage the equipment.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Where in Florida are you to be paying $175 a week for pool service? Even at $175 a month (I am hoping it was a typo) that is still high. Most pool guys charge $25 - $30 a visit. Even at that they are not worth it.

Tell your landlord to pay you the $400 and take $100 off a month in rent and you will take care of the pool. If you listen to the people here you wont damage the equipment.

That's what I had heard about Fl, so many folks have pols it's not that expensive..
I looked into it for Georgia last year and it's $175 a month and they come out one time! How can they manage you pool and check on it once a month? Even if you have a SWG and a robot and still somebody has to empty the basket and skimmers weekly :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.