San Diego, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-30
Not sure if this is the correct location to post this. But the purpose of my post, clean your filter if you have a new pool. I went 6+ months and had a lot of build up from this new pool.

First time I cleaned the filter and I should have done this sooner. I was a little surprised my pool guy didn't suggest this earlier.

The water was not circulating well and the jacuzzi was slow to fill up. The pool guy was thinking something may need to be replaced but I had a hard time believing something was broken after only a few months.

I called the subcontractor who did the plumbing and he asked me if I had cleaned the filter yet. He told me to watch a YouTube video and I figured it out pretty easily.

FYI, I only use the pool guy for weekly maintenance, chemicals but he said he would show me how to do the filter every so often since he said it was fairly easy. I was just surprised he didn't suggest this before hand.

No big deal, it is all circulating well again.

Next time I won't take all the cartridge's out, I will just remove the entire thing has one unit because it was a little tricky putting it all back together.

I forgot to take an after picture when it was cleaned but it looked brand new again.

PXL_20220309_211544374.jpg

PXL_20220310_002643979.jpg

A DE filter can certainly get dirty quickly, especially if the chemistry is slightly off. Be sure to use your TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit to keep the chemistry in check. Watch the filter PSI as well which should be a good indicator of when to backwash (25% increase in psi). If you have any questions or need any of us to come sit with you with a cold one and take-in that view, just let us know. :) :cheers:

A DE filter can certainly get dirty quickly, especially if the chemistry is slightly off. Be sure to use your TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit to keep the chemistry in check. Watch the filter PSI as well which should be a good indicator of when to backwash (25% increase in psi). If you have any questions or need any of us to come sit with you with a cold one and take-in that view, just let us know. :) :cheers:

Ha Ha thank you! Yes, I forgot to mention that about the PSI. The pool guy did give me a good overview of that and what to watch out for.

Thank you! We should have a beer!

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.