First time cleaning pool after winter, need help to get water clear again.

Ortega87

May 10, 2022
New Jersey
I began last night the process of cleaning the pool. I look up a few videos and began by shocking it last night with 5 pounds of shck qnd this was how it was this morning. After doing some more research I checked the chemicals of the pool with the tester kit and noticed the ph was extremely high so I hit it with ph decreaser and added another 3 pounds of shock just now. What should I do, should I be running the filters right now? Should I start vacuuming…. PLEASE HELP!
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    490.8 KB · Views: 2
Welcome to TFP! :wave: Obviously you have algae. To kill and remove algae here at TFP we follow the SLAM Process. It's not a one or 2-time shock, it requires "constant" elevated FC levels based on your current CYA (stabilizer) level. See the FC/CYA Levels to understand. To perform a SLAM Process, you must have a good at-home test kit, either a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C kit. Pool store testing and advice will burn you, so the sooner you can post your own set of test numbers the sooner we can help you.

Be sure to update your signature and start shopping for places to get liquid chlorine. You're going to need it. :)

Reactions: goody222
Hi Ortega! Welcome to the club. That's quite the swamp you've got going there. But no worries, you've already got the best advice in town. Follow that and you're on your way.
Also, since you can't see the bottom, try to scoop out whatever solids, leaves, worms, etc you might have in the bottom. Those things will just eat up any chlorine you put in.

Reactions: goody222
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.