First test with the Taylor k-2006(fas-dpd chorine) kit

The pH dropper test is inaccurate over 10 PPM FC. it reads false high so wait until it's below 10 in future testing. Bleach does add some pH at first, but as it gets used that equals out to no pH rise.

Baking soda raises pH a little and TA much more. I don't see your latest TA but focus on pH first. TA is not often critical, but it can be important.

The pH test reads artificially high when the FC > 10ppm.

What is your CYA, that is what determines what FC is "too high" 14ppm is likely a little high, but not dangerous unless your CYA is very low.

TA of 70ppm is fine. Leave it.
Ignore the pH test until the FC drops, then just keep it in the 7s, no need to lower it all the way to 7.4

My CYA was at what I think was about 75-80 after doing the extended test after refilling and circulating it the night before and the next day before I retested it.
I'm going to get it down more when I can stay here and monitor it duty calls this weekend though.

Sorry Patrick I see now I did forget to put it in my other reading, but I did mention it in post #40 being at 70.
And thanks for telling me the FC is too high for the PH reading to be accurate guys.
So I wont mess with it for a few days and see what it says then
Thanks again

No problem, sorry I didn't go back. 14 is good right now at your Cya and you leaving this weekend. Let it ride, deal with lowering Cya down a little when you're back from WE duty. As Blizzle said don't worry with that TA. Focus on pH vs. TA always.

I wanted to ask just when do the regents go on sale from Taylor it was mentioned before early March. I been checking the site and see no mention of it myself?
Should I just order some for now from amazon or pick up a bottle of R-0013 to do more test from the local pool store they carry them there since Im going to need more when I get back again and start trying to lower my CYA.Maybe they wont be as fresh,but I will need it next week and in hindsight I wish now I had went with the TF-100 kit since I been reading on the forum I see most of you guys use that one.
Also,One more comment on the scale problem I see when I drop the water off the tile level Nothing I tried seems to work CSL remover,MA wash even straight Vinegar with a scouring pad seems to get it off and several other things I could think of! As soon as it dries it comes right back.the good thing is when the water level is up you don't even see it so I'm out of Ideas on removing it. Maybe I will just forget about it for now seems like a lot of scrubbing anyway for my old hands.
When I can get in the water instead of leaning over the side Ill get out a razor blade and try that seems like its been on there so long nothing short of that is going to work and maybe it is even etched into the tiles at this point.
I got my PH back inline before I have to leave again so Ill deal with it more next week.
Just tell me when it's time for me to start another thread. I don't want to make this one too long
Thanks again for any suggestions and Info

Btw, you can order the TF-100 refills for your K2006, the bottles just may not all fit in your blue box. The only difference is the pH reagent ... Might be able to ask to substitute the K2006 pH reagent, although I am not sure they can do that.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks guys, I was able to order more regents for the k-2006 kit from the link Jason posted.Hopefully they will last me while.
Anyone on the forum have any luck with getting the stain off the tiles like I have. I posted a pic on thread 33. I guess they are from the PH being too high over the years before I got here and they are not coming off.

Finally got my CYA down to a better reading after several more drain& refills!!
Only done a partial test so far today.
FC 8.5
PH 7.6
TA 70
CYA 40-45
I will post a full test tomorrow after I adjust it
Do you think I got it too low?I know I want to get my TA up a tad still.

Also got my refill regents in the mail today from Taylor today and the box was wet also the ziplock bag still had liquid in it too.
I guess the Ole postal workers was having a bad day as usual.
Looks like I lost about 1/4 of the R-0013 and some out of the R-0871 bottle as well.
Has anyone had this happen before?
Jblizzle: I tried the MA wash last week and it didn't do the trick. See post 46:
I'm not real worried about it yet since when the water is up you cant see it,but I do want to get it off now cause I know it's there.

Did you order from tftestkit.net or Taylor? They are not the same. tftestkit.net just uses Taylor reagents. Call up Dave or Meg at tftestkits and they will take care of you.

Might need to do a soda or bead blasting on the timer if the MA did not work.

The CYA is fine, if your FC daily loss is too high for you, then you could bump up the CYA a little.

Not following why you want to raise the FC level up more?

Nope I don't want to use them Trichlors unless I have too! That's how this pool got like it is!!
I thought the TA was suppose to be in the 80-120?
Maybe I'll just leave it alone for now until I do another full test tomorrow its close enough I guess at 70 for now.
Thanks for all your help guys :cool:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.