First Test Results

The speedstir vial is thicker plastic which could be why the line is different. The TFP vials work fine with the speedstir. Usually this applies to the TA reagents, but try wiping the tip of the bottle between drops with a clean dampened cloth. Static electricity can cause the drop amounts to be different.

I don't test for CH often (or ever really) because it's very very low and I have a vinyl pool, but I believe you're supposed to use the 25ml volume for the CH test, not 10ml.

Also, make sure to tip the bottle fully vertical while dropping.

Alternately, pick a vial and use that one consistently.

We used to suggest the 25 ml volume but saw no need whatsoever for that precision so TFTestkits changed it's procedure to a 10 ml sample.....therefore counting each drop as 25 ppm.

Somewhere, somehow, I think there was operator error in that one bogus CH test. I know that is easy for me to say and I know from your post that you understand the testing but there is nothing mechanical or in the chemistry that could account for a discrepancy that large

Reactions: frogabog
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.