Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
Hello all
After opening a brand new kit, I decided to measure the salt in my pool out of curiosity since my SWG isn't installed yet.
From the first drop, the water turned milky white, and a precipitate formed (as mentioned in the instructions). I continued to add drops, and the water remained white and never turned salmon-colored; more precipitate formed. I stopped after 10 drops so as to not waste more reagent, and the precipitate was not allowing the pill to spin freely in the spiner.

My FC is 11.

Do I have any salt?

Since you seem to be producing FC, you must have a decent salt level. Remember that when using that 10 ml sample size, each drop is multiplied by 200. You stopped at 2,000 ppm. Most SWGs require a salt level of about 3,500, so that would require about 17 drops. You should continue until you see that salmon/brick color. The transition happens quite fast,

Reactions: nabril15
Don’t worry about the reagent. You’ll have PLENTY long term. It takes a few tests to get going and then you’ll only test once or twice more a season. If the cell is working great, you may not even test at all that year.

If you do test salt weekly it will only be because you’re bored with easy pool care and want to feel like the pool needs something.

Since you seem to be producing FC, you must have a decent salt level. Remember that when using that 10 ml sample size, each drop is multiplied by 200. You stopped at 2,000 ppm. Most SWGs require a salt level of about 3,500, so that would require about 17 drops. You should continue until you see that salmon/brick color. The transition happens quite fast,
thanks Pat
I caught my mistake. I read "25ml graduated cylinder" in the instructions, so I filled it to 25 instead of 10.

I caught my mistake. I read "25ml graduated cylinder" in the instructions, so I filled it to 25 instead of 10.
🙋‍♂️
Same. And no matter how many times it fooled me, the next time my brain would shut off at ‘fill 25ml vial’ and stop reading the rest. :brickwall:

Reactions: nabril15
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.