First Test (ever...)

Just make sure you have some way to keep the jugs from tipping/falling over. The caps are vented so it can spill out if it falls over. Sure don't need to add bleached carpet to your troubles!!!

Oh wait!!! Walmart has the liquid chlorine in stock now!! It is in white jugs and labeled as "shock". It is listed as 10%!!! Just make sure to check the date codes as you don't want to buy any that are older than 3 months as it does degrade over time.

Hubby, hubby, hubby..................dude you did it this time!!! I hope he was having fun when it happened! Why are they waiting until Friday to do the work? Man I bet he is hurting right now!!!

Kim:kim;

Reactions: Hdwainwright
Heather, I checked my local Walmart this past weekend. The good news is that they did indeed have the garden center stocked up with liquid chlorine. It's called Pool Essentials Chlorinating Liquid. The bad news is that I checked out the date code (stamped on the lower section of the plastic jug) and it was labeled 18 356 which means the 356th day of 2018. That's over 100 days old. I hope you'll have better luck at your Walmart.

Heather, I checked my local Walmart this past weekend. The good news is that they did indeed have the garden center stocked up with liquid chlorine. It's called Pool Essentials Chlorinating Liquid. The bad news is that I checked out the date code (stamped on the lower section of the plastic jug) and it was labeled 18 356 which means the 356th day of 2018. That's over 100 days old. I hope you'll have better luck at your Walmart.
That's just over 3 months, but also manf date is in winter months, it should still be pretty close to strength (I'm using ours from last summer we've stored in the basement that is still showing the desired results)
Unless you are in a southern state that stays "warm" (over 60's) in the winter months, it is still usable. You can try 1 or two and see if they test out "as expected". (Again just personal experience)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.