Missouri
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Glad to find trouble free pool. 18 years with vinyl liner. Minimal issues until this years. Heavy algae. Shock with 8-10gallons liquid shockx2. Very cloudy. Slowly clearing 27500 gal over 2 weeks. Pressures steady at 17psi. Backwash sand filter multiple times. Finically realize need to SLAM.
CYA 40
FC 8(even a week after last shock)
CC 2
TC10
CH 300
TA 150
PH 7.7(I had hard time reading)

Adding 457oz Chlorine and 31 oz muriatic acid
Will test in morning, robotic cleaner, brush.
Anything else I should do. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0215.jpeg
    IMG_0215.jpeg
    219.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0214.jpeg
    IMG_0214.jpeg
    385.8 KB · Views: 19
You should follow this process. Link-->SLAM Process

Which you are not doing. You should lower your pH first. Wait about 30 minutes and confirm pH. Then raise your FC to slam level for your CYA, which should be 16. You are at 8. If you add 457oz, you are adding 16 to the 8, which will end up at 24. You only want to add 8ppm

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thanks
Sorry. Needed to list in order.
I first added muriatic acid
Realized pool math was quoting for 6% bleach. Changed to 10% chlorine. Added 3 gallons. I know more than needed just finished the bottle.

Thanks. Yes I do. Will change after work. Run higher speed due to differential pressures at skimmers and a humming flow noise in heater when on.

Thanks. Yes I do. Will change after work. Run higher speed due to differential pressures at skimmers and a humming flow noise in heater when on.
For slam, the differential pressure doesn't matter...the heater does need the flow. You might turn heater off while you slam to run at slower speed. You can run 3000, slam will go faster at lower speed. Do what you can!

I also have performed 2 cleanings of sand filter with in the swim sand filter cleaner. Should I add some DE to also help with filtering. My pressure is rock stable. Only goes up to 20 when VS motor starts up at 3200 rpm then back to 17. Pressure gauge new last week.

Should I add some DE to also help with filtering.
Would not hurt. ONLY use pool DE.

Would not hurt. ONLY use pool DE.

Afternoon
FC 21
CC 1.5
Pump 1700
Looked clearer than cloudier at lower speed?
Will do OCLT later tonight
Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Afternoon
FC 21
CC 1.5
Pump 1700
Looked clearer than cloudier at lower speed?
Will do OCLT later tonight
Thanks
Late last night
FC 16
CC 0.5
Added 141 oz 10% chlorine
AM
FC 19
CC 1
Added 35 oz chlorine
Added DE increase 1psi, no increase in pressure
Brush and robotic pool cleaner
Backwash still dirty
No change in deep end
Any help appreciated. This is day 2 of SLAM.
Deep clean sand filter?
Patience?

OCLT
PM
FC 19.5
CC 0.5
CYA 40

AM
FC 20
CC 0.5
Pool clearer. See hint of mail drain!!!!
193oz chlorine added about 3 hours before PM reading. SWG off. Thanks.

thanks. Good feeling to see even a blurry main drain. Lots of backwashing with DE. Did not raise psi more than 20% even after several hours. Considering cleaning sand like in the video. Channeling? Brushing and robot stirs things up all day. Dead algae and dirt. Thanks for sticking with me!!!!!

PSI monitoring should be done at high speed. You will not see a PSI change if you are running low speed. I check mine at 3000RPM.

Deep clean is rarely needed. Sand just takes longer. If it is improving, then you are likely ok.

What filter do you have? Have you added any pool store products we don't recommend?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support