Navarre/FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I was checking the Chlorine and discovered that I needed to add more. During the winter, I was adding about 1 gallon of chlorine every couple weeks. Well when it started to warm up, I started having to add chlorine every week, and then recently every two days. Well yesterday I discovered I had to add chlorine after only a day. My eyes lit up, and I quickly ran inside and got the thermometer. The water was 80 degrees!

Placed the floats in the pool, connected up the vacuum hose (might as well count this as exercise), and jumped in. Wife got home to find the pool all vacuumed and me floating around in the pool with a smile on my face.

Welcome to Pool Season in North Florida! Woot! :D

Holydoc, are you running solar heat for your pool?
I'm down in Tampa and my pool is still at a chilly 70 degrees. My pool is on the south side of the house and gets pleanty of sun. Our pool temperature typically follows the temperature of the Gulf water temperature.
I'm working on putting in a solar controller to get a few more months of swim time in.

Holydoc, are you running solar heat for your pool?
I'm down in Tampa and my pool is still at a chilly 70 degrees. My pool is on the south side of the house and gets pleanty of sun. Our pool temperature typically follows the temperature of the Gulf water temperature.
I'm working on putting in a solar controller to get a few more months of swim time in.

FLPool,

No solar heating at all. The big difference FLPool is that I have an above-ground pool while yours is IG. With full sun heating the pool and walls of the pool, it heats up fast. Only drawback is that in the full summer, I have to hook up fountains to run continuously at night to keep the water cool enough to be what I consider comfortable.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.