Arizona
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
My wife and I bought a house at the end of December that had a pool put in last summer. The previous owners had a pool service "maintain" the pool. When I first tested the water on December 28th, this is what I had to work with:
FC - 16.0
pH - 8.0+
TA - 240
CYA - 0

Thanks to all the nice people here at TFP, I worked every day to get these numbers balanced and I finally got there yesterday. Anticipating this, I turned the heater (Pentair heat pump) on four days ago and today my wife and I jumped in the pool for the first time! The water was 87 degrees and the air was 80. Marginal air temps for swimming but we just floated around and relaxed after working in the yard for several hours and getting overheated. We're looking forward to spring - but I'm not looking forward to my next electric bill 😲

Thank you TFP members for all your great help and advice! I've learned a LOT over the last two months.

full

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.