First start up after new marcite

Aug 20, 2018
TAMPA, FL
Just finished filling the pool after draining a swamp and applying new plaster. I have no idea where to start, other than the initial test.

FC =0
CYA=0
pH =8.2
CH =75
TA =100

Still haven't heard from the builder about their start-up procedure. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Hey there Paddycakes :wave:

i would suggest using PoolMath (found at top of page) to determine how much CYA you should add to bring your level up to 30ppm. Then immediately after add enough bleach to bring your FC up to 5. Then drop your pH using muriatic acid, found at the hardware store. Again, use PoolMath app to tell you how much to add.

None of these should be a problem with your pool builder or the warranty of the finish, but I'd double check just to be sure.

Do not wait on that chlorine or you'll be dealing with algae in no time. And how are you set to test?

Maddie :flower:

I believe that CH level is something that needs to be brought up right away as well.

Absolutely! Take it up to 350 to protect the plaster from having its calcium leech in to the water!

Maddie :flower:

You really do not want algae with new plaster.

Hope you recorded his instructions to maintain such low FC ----

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.