First SLAM

Edb381

Aug 2, 2019
Sabina, Ohio
We are trying for 1st time to SLAM pool. We just found TFP. We have struggled since we bought the house to get water clear. Drained, scrubbed with bleach then filled it. Have been struggling with algae ever since. We get water clear but cloudy and within a day or two will be green on bottom. The pool get full sun on most of it all day.
Wanting to make sure I am understanding the process correctly... I tested water and stabilizer is between 80-100. pH is 7.2, total alkalinity about 120, FC 5, CH250, CSI -0.40.
Last night FC was about 8-10 so I understand that to mean we have live algae eating up the chlorine. We added 14 gallons this morning of 6%bleach.
So through the day about every 2 hrs check chlorine to keep level about 39 as our SLAM level and continue this until our OCLT test shows 1.0ppm or less loss overnight?

Sounds like you are on track.

CYA of 100 is a bit high, do you have a salt system?

The CYA may have been how you got into trouble in the first place, not maintaining enough FC for that CYA level.
We have that in consideration if it doesn't come down but it does appear to be dropping. Bit of a challenge to fill way out here. Usually takes couple days to get water truck out for delivery.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.