Charlotte, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Hello all - added salt and stabilizer. here’s my results. Suggestions? .
Haven’t turned in chlorinator yet, will do so for a few hours this afternoon then retest.

Attachments

• 3988B887-A161-487A-9871-1FE265DD07AC.png
    3988B887-A161-487A-9871-1FE265DD07AC.png
    39.8 KB · Views: 16
I would add some liquid chlorine/regular bleach now to about 4-5 ppm just to keep the algae away until you get the SWG on and adjusted. The pH is a bit low, but should rise on its own shortly. I wouldn't take any action on the pH at this time, just watch it over the new few days to ensure it creeps up to the 7.5-7.8 range.

SWGs are slow to produce chlorine. There is no way your SWG will get you in the proper range in a few hours, or the whole day for that matter. You should raise it to the proper level with liquid chlorine and then maintain the FC with the SWG.
How do I figure out how much Liquid chlorine bleach to use?

How do I figure out how much Liquid chlorine bleach to use?
Touch the FC button on your Overview page. Revise the FC target, if desired, check that you have the proper pool volume, adjust the liquid chlorine % if necessary, and the app will tell you how much to add.

how did you get your water temperature up to 70?
I am in Alabama, and my pool temp is barely above 60 right now, so I NEED to know your secret! :)

Well- looks like I way overshot the FC. Have shut off chlorinator and pulled the solar blanket off half the pool to let the sun do it’s thing.
Question- should I try to adjust the AL and CY now or wait until the FC is more in line. Didn’t know if addressing in will impact the others.
Advice? TIA!
92D3D915-A961-4891-ABF5-552C4D9E4DF5.png

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.