First Quote Help

Mason3

Aug 30, 2020
Florida
I am new to the forum and have never owned a pool so I am reaching out to make sure we ask and verify to those that have done this multiple times. I have attached our first quote. We live in Central Florida and have two boys (4 & 10). I have included a layout of the pool. Does this quote have the most valuable equipment? Is there something that we should add regarding equipment that we are missing? Is the cost low, high, or just about right? What questions should I be asking?

Attachments

• swimming pool quote 1.pdf
    51.8 KB · Views: 65
  • HO-MasonD Pool-Cabana Layout 2.pdf
    171.7 KB · Views: 50
Hi, I haven't had a pool before...going thru the process as well in Tampa area. How many gallons is your pool? People on here usually recommend getting the largest filter you can. I would recommend getting at least 3 quotes with the pool as similar as possible before you make any changes. I kept changing my mind and so each builder had a different set of requirements and that makes it hard to compare! If the picture is drawn to scale, the sunshelf does not look very deep...make sure it is big enough to use how you intend. I would ask what brand of pebble plaster and what what level and color and what are the upcharges. Do you want automation? How many returns? Probably want more than 1 skimmer. Will there be an overflow pipe? automatic filler? Vacuum line or are you going to get a robot? I don't see the cost, maybe I'm missing it, but multiple quotes is the best way to figure out if it's a fair price.

WARRANTY
Pentair pool equipment- 3-year warranty
6” x 6” waterline tile-2-year warranty
Pebble plaster material- Lifetime manufacturer warranty Gunite shell- lifetime warranty
Underground plumbing- 5-year warranty
Full 1-year warranty on complete project
PROJECT TOTAL - $36,500.00
ADDITIONAL COSTS:
1. Must confirm access for excavation and grading equipment. If access is less than 6’ 6” there is an additional charge of $1,200.00 for excavation and $375.00 for pre grade for small equipment.
CLIENT UNDERSTANDS THAT ANY MATERIAL CHANGES CAN RESULT IN INCREASE OF PROJECT COST
ALL SALES TAXES, ENGINEERING AND PERMITTING INCLUDED IN PROJECT TOTAL

Paver and coping is another company. Cost is $10,390. 515sqft total, install new coping around perimeter of the pool. Approx 82 lnft install new deck drain approx 60 lnft and matching skimmer lid. Includes travertine pavers and coping, base, sand, cement, drain, skimmerlid and labor. Paver manuf is Baystone paver style 4pc, tumbled French, color is Colorado or Nordic silver. Coping is 6x12 tumbled same color.

Client is responsible for door and window alarms or child fence can be installed at expense of client.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.