First pool Tampa area - Plumbing question

We had really strong winds today...one bird casualty! :LOL:
View attachment 398465
I was thinking that your pool was covered in glass. I guess not entirely?

We've had some breezy weather the last few days with lots of pollen and new growth falling from the trees. No birds found but I have pulled out a couple of frogs swimming around. Before the pool was filled, there were 11 large frogs in the pool. I asked my daughter if she wanted to gather up a bucket of frogs and afterwards we had some frog races. She won the first two heats and I took the third:)

• Haha
Reactions: TampaKathy

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I was thinking that your pool was covered in glass. I guess not entirely?

We've had some breezy weather the last few days with lots of pollen and new growth falling from the trees. No birds found but I have pulled out a couple of frogs swimming around. Before the pool was filled, there were 11 large frogs in the pool. I asked my daughter if she wanted to gather up a bucket of frogs and afterwards we had some frog races. She won the first two heats and I took the third:)
No glass...it's just screen...but other people have said it looks like glass too.

Finally got our new furniture! Delivery of the furniture took about15 minutes...freeing the delivery truck that got stuck in our yard...2 hours. 🤣 I cannot believe my boyfriend spent that much time helping the guy...I wasn't home at the time...I showed up for the last 1/2 hour of fun...I felt bad for him but at some point well before 2 hours, I would have said, sorry, you gotta call a tow truck.
new furniture.jpg
new furniture 2.jpg
Sylvs on loveseat.jpg

Looks fantastic! I love how the pads of the second set match the pillows of the first. I like the glass tops, too.

Buying a set was one of the first things I did when I moved to house-with-pool. The brand I wanted offered custom builds, which meant choosing colors and patterns for:
- frames,
- pads and slings,
- accent panels (on some of the pieces),
- and pillows!

Too much for me, even with a background in design. So I called in my neighbors. I figured it was a good way to get a second opinion, and sort'a ingratiate myself at the same time (which worked!). I had borrowed swatch books from a local supplier, so there were hundreds of colors to choose from, which makes for millions of combinations. I ended up choosing a bright color for the pillows, to liven things up, but matched the accent panels of the lounge chairs to the slings of the other pieces. Which was all to explain why I happened to notice your coordination scheme!

Cat has staked its claim, I see, so I guess that's that. Hopefully it'll let you sit there once in a while! ;)

@Dirk Yes, we got to pick from a whole bunch of patterns and could mix and match. I think we need a little more color so I'll probably get a couple more pillows. My other cat has already figured out that it's not easy for me to get her out from under the lounge chairs so that's her spot :)

I think we need a little more color so I'll probably get a couple more pillows.
Yep, that's what I did. My first accent choice was a little understated, so I bought some extra pillows to go even brighter.

Typically I'm only "brave" enough to add color via something easy/cheap to replace. So I'll go neutral or earth tones (timeless) for the big stuff: furniture, floors, walls, etc, then bring in color with throw stuff or hangings or pillows or planters. That way, if I ever tire of the color scheme, I can change out the cheap stuff to get a whole new look, without having to replace the big stuff.

Ha, I still have oak tables with the rounded-edges look. If I wait long enough, they'll be back in!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.