First pool Tampa area - Plumbing question

I'm not sure I would give the builder the benefit of the doubt at this point, especially since your patience has indeed run out. Could there be a case where a builder slipped in an ic30 vs ic60 because they thought some homeowner would never notice? Yep, I can see that, that would really be infuriating! I can also see a circumstance where this is all they could get for now because of backorders, and ok, ok, we can talk about that, but to just drop it in and say nothing? yeah, I'd be out of patience too!

I'm not sure I would give the builder the benefit of the doubt at this point, especially since your patience has indeed run out. Could there be a case where a builder slipped in an ic30 vs ic60 because they thought some homeowner would never notice? Yep, I can see that, that would really be infuriating! I can also see a circumstance where this is all they could get for now because of backorders, and ok, ok, we can talk about that, but to just drop it in and say nothing? yeah, I'd be out of patience too!
I agree...if they couldn't get the right thing for now, fine but say that, don't wait for me to question it.

Which all ties into the number one skill a good contractor has and the number one problem I tend to see in all trades: communication. A quick conversation can solve so many problems. I'm an understanding person, I understand delays, shortages, mistakes, etc. Just tell me about it!

Which all ties into the number one skill a good contractor has and the number one problem I tend to see in all trades: communication. A quick conversation can solve so many problems. I'm an understanding person, I understand delays, shortages, mistakes, etc. Just tell me about it!
I both wholeheartedly agree and violently disagree at the same time. :ROFLMAO:

I deal with the general public and I try my absolute darndest to be open and honest. I will routinely get shredded for doing so when it isn’t what people want to hear, no matter how true or gentile I put it. I know many many trades people and most eventually give up trying to do it the ‘right way’. If they are shady or give misinformation, it’s not because of you, it’s because of the last 19 folks who tore them apart.

Of course there are just unscrupulous people out there but most of the good ones have become hardened through experience.

*edit. I do not condone any misleading of any customers. Ever. But many folks just don’t want to take the beating like I sign myself up for all the time.

Last edited:
Yeah, the construction manager did previously tell me that some customers are being real a-holes about delays.

They responded that the ichlor 30 is temporary... doesn't make sense since the IC 60 should be here "soon"....guess we'll see what "soon" means, lol.

• Angry
Reactions: BigPapaSmurf
So I got my IC60....but I am about to lose my sh*t...just looked at the load center (is that what it is called) and it is the Easy Touch when my contract is for the Intellicenter. I already sent them a large payment because I stupidly didn't check the box beforehand. If they haven't cashed it yet, I think I'm going to call the bank and try to cancel it.

• Angry
Reactions: KCNM and Newdude
Before I make a fool of myself....this is not a "better" version than the IntelliCenter i8PS that I am supposed to have, correct?
View attachment 374489

Nope, that is an EasyTouch.

Among other things the IntelliCenter has a color touch screen display.

Reactions: TampaKathy

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So I got my IC60....but I am about to lose my sh*t...just looked at the load center (is that what it is called) and it is the Easy Touch when my contract is for the Intellicenter. I already sent them a large payment because I stupidly didn't check the box beforehand. If they haven't cashed it yet, I think I'm going to call the bank and try to cancel it.
This may again just be another example of equipment shortages across the pool industry. You may ask if they plan to exchange this when the actual IntelliCenter can be acquired.

This may again just be another example of equipment shortages across the pool industry. You may ask if they plan to exchange this when the actual IntelliCenter can be acquired.
And decide how much money you are going to hold back from final payment while you're waiting. It should probably be more than just the cost of the intellicenter and installation. They need to be incentivized to come back and make it right, or you'll be at the end of their list of priorities.

Reactions: Newdude
I’m a benefit of the doubt kinda dude usually. The ongoing shortages have seen many folks here get the wrong stuff simply because theirs was unavailable. I’d like to think that every last one of the PBs would have told the members at some point and not try to bait and switch. But I’m also a cynical NYer, So…. :ROFLMAO:

Either way, you caught it so you won’t get duped.

Reactions: TampaKathy
Not getting the benefit of the doubt this time...after I questioned the wrong salt cell they said that was "temporary" until the correct panel came. Well the panel came (like 2 days later) and was installed and inspected and is not the right one. I have been more than understanding...I see why other customers have lost it at this point...all this rework just adds to the backlog.

I’m a benefit of the doubt kinda dude usually. The ongoing shortages have seen many folks here get the wrong stuff simply because theirs was unavailable. I’d like to think that every last one of the PBs would have told the members at some point and not try to bait and switch. But I’m also a cynical NYer, So…. :ROFLMAO:

Either way, you caught it so you won’t get duped.
I wouldn't have been so irritated if they didn't just pull this BS with the salt cell the week before...by now they should know I'm going to pick up on this (eventually, lol)...i'm also mad at myself that I sent the check without confirming.

It IS kinda funny tho how nobody seems to get free upgrades because only the better ones are available. *sigh*.

Going to be a lot of lightly used equipment floating around when all this temporary stuff gets replaced.

And the second owner of this equipment may have issues with Pentair on the length of their warranty or if they have a warranty.

PBs are going to eat a lot of this I think. In a year or two we will see folks here talking about the deals they are getting on lightly used no warranty equipment.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.