NW Arkansas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I am having a company close the pool in 48 hrs. . Really they are here to do the cover, lower the water level, blow out the lines, etc. I am doing the chemicals, Slam, ph in 7's, all others in line with pool math. Following all the advice here on the forum as former pool in Houston never closed. My question concerns the new Intelliflo, IntelliCenter, and IC 40. Pump and salt cell installed with the correct unions. I am being told they would have to completely unwire everything. I told same company on the install that I was planning on removing both the pump and the salt cell and storing in the attached garage. Is this true? Do I need to store inside? Alternatives and suggestions please.
Christine

I personally wouldn't bother in Arkansas. Now, if you were in New Jersey I might?

Here in Georgia my husband Skippy covers the equipment with a heaving moving blanket and tarp. We run the pump overnight on freeze nights with a hanging auto light under the covers.

The cell is ok, but some use a "dummy" cell in place of the real thing. The pump should be fine assuming your not getting snow which will cover it for 2 months.... I don't know what to tell you about the Intellicenter. @Jimrahbe might know?

Maddie 🇮🇹

I am a little south of you & i do cover my single speed pump, filter, mpv & 3way valves with a tarp & bungees, they are all close together so it’s just one tarp. It makes me feel better but not sure if it’s necessary. I also remove my pressure gauge & store it inside which is definitely recommended. For the cell you can just remove it & cover the holes with something or use the “dummy” like this as Maddie mentioned
Pentair 520588 Dummy Bypass Cell Replacement Pool/Spa Sanitizer and Automation Control Systems https://a.co/d/e5kDFLv
I think bringing in a large pump is a bit of overkill but I understand the concern with such an expensive electronic device especially if y’all get a lot of ice.

I personally wouldn't bother in Arkansas. Now, if you were in New Jersey I might?

Here in Georgia my husband Skippy covers the equipment with a heaving moving blanket and tarp. We run the pump overnight on freeze nights with a hanging auto light under the covers.

The cell is ok, but some use a "dummy" cell in place of the real thing. The pump should be fine assuming your not getting snow which will cover it for 2 months.... I don't know what to tell you about the Intellicenter. @Jimrahbe might know?

Maddie 🇮🇹
I am new to this area, formerly Houston, and am worried about freezing. They do get freezing temps, snow and ice, how much depends on the year. I am closing the pool. Judging from the water chemistry advice I'm getting here about opening and closing and the lack of understanding when they installed the new equipment, I am just double checking here. I did tell them I wanted to take these pieces in and wanted a dummy cell, but will settle for just the salt cell removal. I probably will put something insulating and a tarp. Thanks for the advice.
Christine

Reactions: Mdragger88
I am a little south of you & i do cover my single speed pump, filter, mpv & 3way valves with a tarp & bungees, they are all close together so it’s just one tarp. It makes me feel better but not sure if it’s necessary. I also remove my pressure gauge & store it inside which is definitely recommended. For the cell you can just remove it & cover the holes with something or use the “dummy” like this as Maddie mentioned
Pentair 520588 Dummy Bypass Cell Replacement Pool/Spa Sanitizer and Automation Control Systems https://a.co/d/e5kDFLv
I think bringing in a large pump is a bit of overkill but I understand the concern with such an expensive electronic device especially if y’all get a lot of ice.
Good point on the pressure gauge, what about the sight glass on the sand filter, I read remove that also somewhere on the forum? Prices went up so high, expensive pieces became outrageous and then the install was hiked some more. Feel like I need to baby everything.
Christine

Reactions: Mdragger88
I have never worried with the sight glass since it should be theoretically be empty (if it’s not you could unscrew it & empty it & put it back).
The liquid inside the gauge can freeze though & the needle can get “stuck” so after my 1st one failed over winter & I replaced it with a nice glycerin filled one I like I am sure to remove it every year.
I used to store my little plastic intex pumps & filters in the shed but these big ones are a little tougher to do that with. They are also more robust.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.