kdahlgren249

May 17, 2022
Edmond, OK
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Found this place when Leslie’s told me I was in “chlorine lock” and wanted me to dump 28 lbs of trichlorite shock in my pool lol.

Y’all got me setup and on a path using liquid bleach and got my pool blue and seeing the bottom finally.

Got delayed a bit with 7” of rain this week, so just chased total chlorine until I was caught up for a full testing today.

Looks like I balanced my combined chlorine as it graded 0!

Now just to balance the others. Noticed my pH was oddly a little low, and alkalinity and CYA fell. I’ve got chlorine tablets back in my feeder to help maintain and pick these up, will that increase my pH as well? Should I add some alkalinity?

Attachments

• 2EF3C3A3-8566-4B56-86AD-855B15B4264D.jpeg
    2EF3C3A3-8566-4B56-86AD-855B15B4264D.jpeg
    145.4 KB · Views: 12
Now just to balance the others. Noticed my pH was oddly a little low, and alkalinity and CYA fell. I’ve got chlorine tablets back in my feeder to help maintain and pick these up, will that increase my pH as well? Should I add some alkalinity?
Likely they fell due to dilution from the rain. 7” is quite some water. Rainwater can be acidic (well it can be anything actually), so that may have played a role in your pH. Is the pool covered?

The Trichlor tablets will actually reduce your pH and slight reduce your TA. With your strategy you should either add baking soda to bring TA up and aerate to bring pH up or add ash soda to being both up. Use PoolMath to check how much you need.

Reactions: kdahlgren249
Likely they fell due to dilution from the rain. 7” is quite some water. Rainwater can be acidic (well it can be anything actually), so that may have played a role in your pH. Is the pool covered?

The Trichlor tablets will actually reduce your pH and slight reduce your TA. With your strategy you should either add baking soda to bring TA up and aerate to bring pH up or add ash soda to being both up. Use PoolMath to check how much you need.
Great to know, thanks. Can slow down chlorine in the meantime. Added a couple pounds of soda ash but says I need 5, so will order some more as well as baking soda for alkalinity. Will test again tomorrow

Great to know, thanks. Can slow down chlorine in the meantime. Added a couple pounds of soda ash but says I need 5, so will order some more as well as baking soda for alkalinity. Will test again tomorrow
If you let your FC goes below minimum you risk as algae bloom. If needed complement the FC with LC until you are able to deal with the pH.

Reactions: kdahlgren249
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.