First Fill - Fill Pool & Hot tub at the same time?

pigskintd

Jul 7, 2020
Central Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
We are scheduled for our pool to be finished in two weeks and I was curious about the initial fill. I have read on here that you should not fill the hot tub past the spill over and should fill to the middle of the tile line. The pool should be filled to the middle of the skimmer. I was wondering if I should start with one hose in the hot tub and one in the pool. Then remove the hose in the hot tub once filled and put it in the pool. Or should I fill the hot tub first with both hoses and then move both hoses to the pool? My hot tub is 5x10' and 4' deep. I appreciate any help.

The hot tub will fill up fast, so just get one hose going in pool and one in tub, and then very shorty, you will be able to have 2 hoses in pool, but it really doesn't matter. More to do with your schedule. You will need to monitor hot tub close to not overfill.

The hot tub will fill up fast, so just get one hose going in pool and one in tub, and then very shorty, you will be able to have 2 hoses in pool, but it really doesn't matter. More to do with your schedule. You will need to monitor hot tub close to not overfill.
Got it! I appreciate the info.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.