First ever test results.

J M S

May 22, 2017
middletown/new jersey
Hi all. First time pool owner. Just used my new TF-100 kit for the first time. Here are the results:

pH: 7.2
FC: 17
CC: 0
TC: 17
CH: 350
TA: couldn't get this to register. Color looked orangish. I'll attach a photo I took.
CYA: 60
Salt: 3600

My chlorine level seems a bit high. The pool is very clear and seems good to go in. What do I know though ha.

I just opened my pool last Sunday. I've been running it 24/7 bc I was adding the few chemicals I was told to. I just finished my 72 hours cycle last night after adding the conditioner. I plan on switching it to 8 AM to 6 PM run time. With the levels I'm at, should I do that now?

I'll let one of the mods respond on the TA test -- that's odd. But the rest of your numbers look pretty good to me (might suggest bumping your CYA to 70-80 per TFP saltwater recommendations). I'd start by dropping the run time as you mention, but I'd test your FC daily, as it will almost certainly fall from 17 when you back off the run time. You can then tweak your cell % up until you're able to achieve the right run time / cell % balance to keep your FC in the sweet spot at your CYA level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.