First attempt to open pool.

I have another question. I have read that when running a hose into your sand filter the sand should float freely in the tank. I was cleaning the sand in my sand filter and the sand did not float freely in the water. It mainly just stayed settled in the tank almost like a mud. From what I was reading, as I run the hose through the sand in the filter, the sand should float in the tank, is that correct?

Thanks for the reply! I just wanted to make sure there was not some issue I wasn't aware of. It is not chunky and it stirs easily with the hose. I was able to get my arm in there and mix the sand up really well. Pressure still does not rise. I have let the pump filter for close to 36hrs with not a single rise in pressure even though my pool is still not clear. I am thinking this could be due to me cleaning the sand in the filter and it may take a while to dirty it back up. What are your thoughts?

Thought I would post a couple of pics of my work so far. It's been a month now and the pool looks a lot better. I believe it took a little longer than normal because for the first few weeks I was not able to run the filter all night. Still have some work to do because it isn't as clear as it was last year but it is a lot better, and the boy was able to take a swim yesterday!

I Do have a couple questions.

1. What are the cause that would cause me to lose prime when running the vacuum to filter? When I vacuum to waste I can keep full prime, but during filter I lose all prime.

2. It is still not as clear as I would like, would this just take time to filter all out? I've read I could use DE in my sand filter to help clear it more and I was thinking about doing that.

3. What is good to use on steps that have yellow stains? It was not as bad last year as it is this year and I would like to clean the steps up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.