First attempt to open pool.

If I do the math at 20k using pool calc it comes out to 24oz (143oz @ 24k vs 119oz @ 20k) less to bring my fc up from 6 to 12, which wouldn't be enough of a difference to bring it up 5ppm. I am getting very confused because I am not sure what is going on right now, or why the reading was so high.

I fill the clear tube to the 10ml mark
Add one heaping spoonful
add drops until it clears
multiply number of drops by 0.5

Maybe I made a mistake during the reading right before adding the chlorine. I dunno.

Well, I had much better results this time. Two hours ago my FC was at 8. The pool calculated estimated 96oz to bring the FC up to 12 so I added 48 which, after an hour FC was at 10. Added 48 more and an hour later my FC was at 13.

Not sure what was going on but it looks like it's OK now. Now I can focus on maintaining my shock levels.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well, the deep clean did something because it is now filtering like it was when I first opened it up. I was having to backwash seems like every hour and then it just stopped and I was backwashing once a day if not a little longer. been an hour since I kicked the pump back on and is ready to be backwashed. Should I be running all that algae through the filter, or should I recirculate until all the algae is dead?

Here is what's going on, and I am not sure what to think right now since I have never been through this before. There has been improvement and there was a lot of improvement after I vacuumed to waste last weekend. I can see the floor of the shallow end and it seems to be clearing 4 to 6" more and more each day. However, my FC has been holding over night, and I lose 3 to 4 ppm during the day, but the deep end of the pool still has a greenish look to it. I keep reading on the forums of the pool having a grayish milky look when all the algae is dead. Is it normal to have a greenish/darker color in the deep end even with dead algae? I would think if all of the algae wasn't dead that I would lose FC over night.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.