Rotonda/Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital Nano+ PPC2
Where to install remote or "Fireman's" switch on Bulitright Heat Pump Controller. Manual for the model 115 or 135 is no help.

Where to install remote or "Fireman's" switch on Bulitright Heat Pump Controller. Manual for the model 115 or 135 is no help.

Attachments

• 2015-Owners-Manual.pdf
    989.8 KB · Views: 3
Bottom of page 10 in the manual...

Using an External Controller
  • Push the remote wires from the external controller through the rubber plug on the bottom left side of the control box.
  • Connect the two remote wires to the two wires from the heater control with the grey wire nuts.
  • For POOL/SPA Remote – Adjust both pool and spa temperature’s to your desired setting.
  • For Remote Thermostat – Adjust pool temperature down to “OFF” and turn spa temperature up to 104° F.
  • For 3 wire remote controls, use 2 wires connected to COM & HIGH at the external controller.

From page 7...

1639954813308.png

Ha ha if only it was that easy. The manual is very out of date. They havent used those controllers in 10 years. They just keep using the same old drawing year after year. I attached a picture of the newer board. They now use the P/S connection on the OEM ICS AR7803. They now a 3 pin connection for Jandy and another 3 pin connector for ???.
Call or text me if you can 817-277-4657.89030E82-D42F-4BAF-8551-9C1FA668B5CD.jpeg

I think it is the 2 wire blue connector on the lower right of the board. It is labeled POOL/SPA. Where do the wires connected to it go? It looks like the wires have the grey wire nuts that the manual describes. Connect the Firemans switch to the gray wire nuts.

What automation system are you connecting the heater to?

There must be something Im missing. If the P/S wires with the grey wire nuts are used as a firemans switch, there must be a remote jumper or remote setting in the controller. Otherwise the P/S connection would have a jumper on it?

Where do the wires go and how do they terminate?

The P/S wires terminate in the grey wire nuts. I believe the Heater Reader Remote "Fireman's" switch is just a set of dry contacts. Normally Open.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I would connect the Heater Reader Remote "Fireman's" switch to the grey wire nuts.

You are used to seeing an analog ladder diagram of a loop.

It is a digital control and may automatically recognize when the firemans switch is closed the heater turns on.

Yes, I would prefer ladder/loop diagrams as I am a classically trained Electronic Engineer. At this point all I can do is try to use the P/S terminals. I think they should have been labeled P/S, Remote.
Thanks so much for your help.
How can I buy you a beer?

How can I buy you a beer?

Thanks, contribute it to TFP.

We are glad you have found our information helpful. Please, if you can, consider making a donation to TFP. We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keeps the forum operating without advertisements.

Support TFP!

Looks like you have it sorted out, but if I'm reading correctly you were trying to hook the heat pump up to the automation system. I'm not familiar with the equipment that you're working with, but I have installed Aquacomfort heat pumps connected to Hayward automation. The Aquacomfort has a very similar board, complete with P/S switch. To connect it to the Hayward automation, you use the P/S terminals and set pool to max heat and spa to off. Should work the same for this setup and I don't see why it wouldn't work for other manufacturer combinations as well.

And if you still have problems getting it to work give Builtright a call. Folks have said they have very helpful Tech Support.

BTW, Hayward recently acquired Builtright.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.