Fired pool company and got a Taylor-K2006... problem with high CH

Finally had success in dropping all my levels to recommended range.

FC 6
TA 80
Ph 7.8
CYA 80
CH 250
Salt 3500

My question is: why is my acid level always so high. With a target of 7.8, my CSI is very good, but according to the TFP salt water balance, every time PH hit 7.8 I should drop it back down to 7.2-7.5. If I follow this recommendation, I will be adding 2 cups of MA everyday to every other day. Is this normal?

If your pH will stay at 7.8 for awhile, leave it. And do not drop it down past 7.6 when it rises to 8.0.

Do you have the pH, CH, and TA of your fill water? Do you have to add water to this pool regularly?

Odd that you add that much acid (you stated every day to every other day?) and have that high of TA.

Any other chemical additions?

Well the reason I have been adding that much acid is to bring down the ph from 7.8 to 7.3 because I read to do that in the SWG balance article here. No other chemicals are being added as everything else is relatively stable.

I will leave it at 7.8 (better for CSI anyway) then and dose when I get to 8.0 as you suggested above.

Btw, new pebble finish was redone in Sept. maybe that’s why??? I was going to experiment with adding 50ppm borax. Also, I have a spa spillover running constantly.

New plaster does drive up pH and the spillover really does if vigorous. I would suggest reducing the spillover as much as possible with your automation.

Take care

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.