*Finished* Pool Build in Cape Haze peninsula SW Florida

Re: Pool Build in Cape Haze peninsula SW Florida

I've come to appreciate my weeds.. I can't afford to sod all 2 acres, and the weeds hold the dirt down. From a distance, it could look like grass. :mrgreen:

Looks great!! Are you happy with one bubbler? We are set for one, and now looking at yours, I may want two on our sun shelf.. Does the one bubbler give enough of a water sound?

vanibrown said:
Looks great!! Are you happy with one bubbler? We are set for one, and now looking at yours, I may want two on our sun shelf.. Does the one bubbler give enough of a water sound?
Thanks! We're happy with the one. Our sun shelf isn't very big so two would have been overkill. It might have worked but we would be sitting over one of the bubblers. Assuming we ever put chairs there. The sound was surprising. It provides enough white noise to drown out most everything outside of your pool area. Like the neighbor's yapping ankle-biter that never seems to shut up, even the pool pump when it is in normal run mode. It has a valve so we can control the flow of it. We turned ours down slightly since taking that picture.

If you can fit two I would go that route. Maybe your PB can plumb them separate so you can shut one down if necessary.

Sooooo, did you ever paint the front of the house? ::epds::

Yes finally! Here is a before and after. In the before, the color is what they put on in 1979 when the house was built. Was long over due for a change.
103_5978.JPG

IMG-20140312-00357.jpg

Yes, it had rained... You have to love "The sunshine state" ;)

Just have a few details to finish up like the address, repainting and hanging the light, painting the front door and doing something with the weed/lawn. Not really a pool related picture sorry.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Beautiful pool and paint job......I love the screen enclosure... Its something I'd consider doing, although there's not many of them done in here Australia, I don't know why, the mosquitos here can be as big as cockatoo's...lol....

Hey, I remember this one. How have you liked the pool you built, and how has evevrything worked out on it so far? We are about to have our complete.

Nice Paint Job too BTW!

Thanks. The pool is great. Had one of the LED lights go out. I think I posted that in another thread. PB replaced it free. I do regret not getting some sort of pool heater. We haven't been able to use it since December. Although my wife's niece and her kids were in it a couple weeks ago. Ah to be young again... so a pool heater is on my budget list. Almost finished with the front (except for the lawn). Hanging the address today and then on to the garage project.

Oh I forgot about the lamp post. Need to rattle can that with rustoleum too.

Love the pool and house color!

Thank you. :)

Beautiful pool and paint job......I love the screen enclosure... Its something I'd consider doing, although there's not many of them done in here Australia, I don't know why, the mosquitos here can be as big as cockatoo's...lol....
Thanks. The cage has made a huge difference in how we use the outdoor space now. So glad we put it in.

House/pool both look great. This is the first I've seen this thread (I'm new here, so Hello :p). Really a great looking pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.