FinestFinish Mini vs Stonescapes Minipebble

evamor

Mar 2, 2021
DFW
Does anyone have experience with finish finish mini pebble vs stonescapes? I ordered and paid for stonescapes french gray mini and went outside to see that the plaster guys used finest finish french gray which im assuming is a way cheaper shittier plaster and pebble. Is this worth holding payment and making them rip it out and redo it?

You could probably ask for and fairly easily get a discount since it’s the wrong material. Full rip out/replace is going to get substantial pushback.

Honestly I don’t know that there is a whole lot of difference in cost or quality, my guess would be it was a supply issue.

They look pretty similar.

Does anyone have experience with finish finish mini pebble vs stonescapes? I ordered and paid for stonescapes french gray mini and went outside to see that the plaster guys used finest finish french gray which im assuming is a way cheaper shittier plaster and pebble. Is this worth holding payment and making them rip it out and redo it?
I did some research on the finest finish micro because I liked how smooth it was, but ultimately went with the stonescapes mini. The data and reviews on finest finish actually seemed really good. They make the plaster for most pool companies and the finest finish is a product line. I did not look up their mini line, just their micro, and we almost went that direction. The only reason we didn't was the infrequency of our builder using it.

Reactions: evamor
I did some research on the finest finish micro because I liked how smooth it was, but ultimately went with the stonescapes mini. The data and reviews on finest finish actually seemed really good. They make the plaster for most pool companies and the finest finish is a product line. I did not look up their mini line, just their micro, and we almost went that direction. The only reason we didn't was the infrequency of our builder using it.

Looking closer at the photos looks like they actually put the micro fusion in not mini although it doesnt feel much different than other pools with mini. Seems like it'll be ok to leave as is. Plaster company has disappeared and hasn't even sent an invoice so if they show up again will just push for a discount and call it good. I was concerned this was a much lower end product and after asking around this switch is apparently very common among plaster companies since most home owners would never notice so check your materials when these guys show up before they shoot the plaster.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.