Finest Finish Sparkle Quartz Series vs Pebble Sheen

tyoung5ND

Gold Supporter
Dec 5, 2020
Austin, TX
Per our contract, we are supposed to receive a Pebble Sheen finish for our new pool. While talking to our PB, they said that the Pebble Tec installer for our area has a considerable backlog which could result in a long delay. The PB is suggesting we consider a Finest Finish product instead since we may be able to get in our pool a lot sooner.

Comparing the two products, Pebble Tec appears to have a bigger "brand name". From the small samples we looked at, the Pebble Sheen product appears to have a higher concentration of pebbles. For Finest Finish, we looked at their Micro Fusion product. It seems like the Micro Fusion had smaller aggregate that was less concentrated with more exposed plaster. I thought this gave the Micro Fusion product a smoother finish. However, I'm worried that less aggregate means less longevity. Interestingly, Finish Finish advertises a 7 year warranty for their product compared to a 5 year warranty from Pebble Tec.

Does anyone have experience with both of these products and how they compare in terms of quality and longevity?

Last edited:
Welcome to TFP :)

I researched this stuff for months before I decided to go all tile pool..

I was going with Finest finish product for 2 very good reasons...
1. the warranty is longer
2. everything is in the bag..

there is nothing mixed on site with extra bags of whatever the company adds.. you get everything for that type in the same exact bags that have the name of the mix on all the bags.. Do not let them mix in there own "stuff" as usually it is bad for you, it just makes there job easier..

I was looking hard at there micro fusion pebble

here is the French grey and White I was looking at :)

1626347263212.png

1626347281890.png

While it's nice for the mixer person to have the material pre-mixed, it should come down to the quality of the material versus just the fact that it's pre-mixed. Most mixer-employees are well trained and experienced with knowing mix designs so this should be of lesser concern.

Regarding the warranty, length is nice but you need to look at what you're actually getting with the warranty (will someone from the company respond to your request, are there employees that will actually make a trip to your pool to diagnose problem, etc.).

Also, it's important to determine if there's a licensed applicator applying the product with the backing of their manufacturer. If not, the quality might be lacking and it will be difficult to get them back for any repairs/issues if not done properly.

While it's nice for the mixer person to have the material pre-mixed, it should come down to the quality of the material versus just the fact that it's pre-mixed. Most mixer-employees are well trained and experienced with knowing mix designs so this should be of lesser concern.

Regarding the warranty, length is nice but you need to look at what you're actually getting with the warranty (will someone from the company respond to your request, are there employees that will actually make a trip to your pool to diagnose problem, etc.).

Also, it's important to determine if there's a licensed applicator applying the product with the backing of their manufacturer. If not, the quality might be lacking and it will be difficult to get them back for any repairs/issues if not done properly.
Welcome to TFP :)

Great points

We had a similar issue with a long Pebble Sheen backlog. After 3 weeks of a gray hole with green water I pushed the builder to source alternatives. Ultimately, found a Stonescaoes Mini Pebble installer that got the job done. We were satisfied. It comes down to installs ability and good water chemistry.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.