Finding the right O-Rings?

Dec 30, 2017
Cypress, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We have a Paramount Paralevel auto-fill that has gotten "stuck" after a couple heavy rains. We have determined this after getting a leak alert from our "smart" water meter and then shutting off the two biggest likely culprits, irrigation and auto-fill, separately. Both times it has been the latter.

Apparently, this is not an uncommon issue when debris get in and the suggested fix is to take it apart, clean, and then replacing O-Rings is suggested. Problem is, I can only find complete auto-fill assemblies for sale - and no need to do that for $1-2 worth of material.

According to the parts diagram (cut & paste), the two O-Rings needed are:
O RING 2-011 VITON DUR 75
O RING 2-020 EP70

• These look like they might be 5/16 and 7/8" rings, respectively?
  • I understand VITON and EP70 are materials and hardness, correct?
  • Not sure what the bold '2' is at the beginning of the O-Ring size - any clues?

An Amazon search turns up so many hits, I still don't know what/if I can just buy something off of there or a local hardware store.

Any help appreciated.

If you have the old ones, there is the option of getting a $25 caliper like this one and going to someone like The O-Ring Store to buy the size you need. Though it's not $1-2 due to handling and shipping charges, the pool OEM markups are so high that I still find it makes sense to buy 10 and store the left-overs as spares. Pay attention to the material you order. Some like buna rubber aren't good for outdoor environments. I look for EPDM.

Reactions: Charlie G
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.