Finally some real rain!

Richard320

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 6, 2010
San Dimas, CA (LA County)
My CH has just kept creeping up, and the water restrictions are still in place, but all this recent rain has really made a difference!

CH peaked at 1300. I managed to replace several inches a couple weeks ago, and some more over this past weekend. Todays test result: 775 CH. It hasn't been that low since September 2015!

I just wish the downspout I directed into the spa drained more of the roof.

We got two storms in a row here so I drained the pool down about 2" below normal. The two storms filled it back up. Prior to that, a three day rain storm adding 3" of water to my pool (right up to the top of the tile line) and I allowed that to mix for a few days before draining back to normal. My CH ended the season at 1000ppm and I'm chomping at the bit to get rain harvesting barrels installed, but we're tight on capital improvement cash right now. I may have to go to Lower and buy them out of all their plastic gutter diverting pipes....

Even with all that exchange, my FC is still at 4ppm though I need to go get some acid to drop the pH a little. I tell you, I haven't added any bleach to my pool in weeks, my FC loss rate is non-existent this winter...

I did the same thing. Managed to replace about 4-5 inches of water over the last couple of weeks. CH was in the 650+ range. Haven't had it tested since, but I'm hopeful that it will be in the low-mid 500's.

Only bummer is that I need to add salt and CYA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.