Finally signing our contract - need help with selections

ATXFirstPool

Aug 4, 2019
Austin, TX
So finally after getting our soil report back we are moving forward and signing our contract tomorrow. I have been reviewing the builder's list which is attached. A few things have been highlighted to be changed.

I need advice on best SWCG, fire bowls, coping, design stuff, pretty much anything.

Just a few that come to my mind are:
  • What is a good variable pump?
  • Good SWCG system?
  • What is the best automation considering we have the sheer descent, 2 fire bowls, 2 lights, 1 bubbler on the tanning shelf and will likely add a heater/chiller later on.
  • Any other cool and innovative products I haven't thought of? I like trying to do unique things when I can. For example we are going to look into cantilevering the stairs from the patio and adding lighting under the steps.
  • Anything that isn't included in the contract that we haven't thought of?

The rough 2D drawing we did. The right-hand side is a kitchen and the bar stools are on that side. The drawing does not show the raised wall in the back with sheer descent in the middle and 1 fire bowl on either side of it.

IMG_1632.jpg

Early 3d rendering. Will share finals once I get them back from the builder. Material colors will be very different.
Pool side view.jpg

Attachments

• Pool Project - 12.13 - Our Questions.pdf
    386.6 KB · Views: 29
Looks like your builder is including Jandy equipment they list the Aqualink in the attachment. That means either the fusion soft or Aquapure for a swg. But I'm confused. You're signing a contract tomorrow but haven't worked out the equipment details?

Make sure you are getting the full Aqualink rs system and not the PDA based system. Also make sure you are getting a variable speed pump. Really what you want is a very specific equipment list with actual model and part numbers. I would not sign anything until you get that.

Glad you're starting and wish you luck on everything!
I can only add do your research and lean on your pool builder's knowledge. This forum's especially helpful and each topic can be researched on the top of the page in search.

We're also going thru our pool build and I think the timing is perfect right now. No worries of watering and grass dying in the summer. That means less lawn watering which works so much better. There's just cold, rain, and mud to worry about. I guess that's enough!

Make sure you are getting the full Aqualink rs system and not the PDA based system. Also make sure you are getting a variable speed pump. Really what you want is a very specific equipment list with actual model and part numbers. I would not sign anything until you get that.
Good luck to the OP! May I ask what’s the difference between the full Aqualink and the PDA based system?

Good luck to the OP! May I ask what’s the difference between the full Aqualink and the PDA based system?

The PDA system is programmed with the handheld PDA. Which is miserable. The RS moves programming to the web interface. You can upgrade the PDA to the RS system (like I did).

Reactions: Vukota12
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.