Finally! Pump fixed and starting over!

Ribbod

May 30, 2018
Marietta/ga
The pool has not been circulating, the last 2 weeks, as we waited forever for a replacement impeller and screw.. Thats fixed now and pump is finally running in Filter mode. Pressure is rising quickly so backwashing every few hours, however, I am worried about the pressure getting too high overnight.
Would it be ok, to recirculate and not filter overnight, as i would like to keep things moving? SWG is currently off.

Current numbers:

FC: 13
CC: 0
PH: 7.2
TA: 120
CYA: 60
Salt : 2000
Temp: 68

Last edited:
I don't think a SLAM is necessary, but here is a pic right after I started filtering
Ultimately it's your call, but I tend to agree with Richard. Based on your descriptions of the filter pressure increasing quickly, no circulation for quite a while, and the appearance of cloudy water, a SLAM could serve you well. Better now than in a week or two if the water temps and heat increase. At the very least, consider an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test.

Nice looking pool set-up you have.

Reactions: Ribbod
OCLT resulted in no loss, overnight... I have not needed to backwash yet today, either... I think it should be clear in a few days... I assume I should wait and vacuum to waste once i can see the bottom? I also got my Active 20 bot today, could i throw her in and let her earn her keep?

I have not needed to backwash yet today, either... I think it should be clear in a few days... I assume I should wait and vacuum to waste once i can see the bottom?
I would agree to continue with the SLAM and certainly vacuum once you can see. You can use the new toy in there under two conditions .... all robot/cleaners need to have a name; and once complete I'd rinse her down with fresh water. :)

Reactions: Ribbod
OCLT resulted in no loss, overnight... I have not needed to backwash yet today, either... I think it should be clear in a few days... I assume I should wait and vacuum to waste once i can see the bottom? I also got my Active 20 bot today, could i throw her in and let her earn her keep?
Vacuum. Or vacuum to waste. If there's any sludge on the bottom, you want it gone. I don;t know if your robot has a fine enough or a too-fine filter. It might just stir things up and scatter them or it might plug up and stop working really quick. But whatever. It'll clear up faster if you physically remove what you can.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.