Finally on a steady course

Jean-ji

Bronze Supporter
Jun 14, 2018
Venice, FL
We are new pool owners since May and finally have steady numbers after doing a SLAM shortly after taking over the pool. I didn’t realize the seriousness of a too low FC.

We’ve added stabilizer to keep the CYA in the middle of the range and MA as needed. We are still dialing in the SWG and are staying around 6 FC +/-. It’s been tough with high UV days to maintain the FC.

We run the pump 8 hours in the day at 2400 rpm with the SWG currently at 30%, we dial down to 25% or up to 35% to maintain the FC close to 6. I wish the dial was more precise with increments.

The CH is 325, slightly below the minimum range of 350. Should I do anything that? Any other input or advice is appreciated. We are so happy we found TFP!

This is our pool this morning, TFP water is wonderfully clear.
A7A44330-CC28-45D0-9503-67D56F0E9995.jpg

This morning’s numbers:
==========================================
Citrus 2018
------------------------------------------
Build Type: Plaster
Volume: 7500 gallons
------------------------------------------
Latest Test Result Summary:
FC: 5.5 (7 minutes ago)
CC: 0.0 (7 minutes ago)
pH: 7.8 (7 minutes ago)
TA: 60 (7 minutes ago)
CH: 325 (7 minutes ago)
CYA: 70 (7 minutes ago)
SALT: 3000 (7 minutes ago)
TEMPERATURE: 88° (7 minutes ago)
CSI: -0.16 (7 minutes ago)
=========================================

I see no issues.

I doubt you need to run the pump at that high of a rpm unless you have a cleaner or some other reason to run it that fast. You could save quite a bit of electricity by taking it down to the level that is just above closing the flow switch on the SWCG.

Good job.

dbtgallery.php

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.