Finally dried out enough to finish the pool

Farmerstan91

Jun 28, 2019
Sw missouri
Like with most of the central us we had tons of rain in the month of june so my liner just sat in shop waiting for groundwater to stop. Well yesterday was finally the day to get things going. Liner is a latham tan seirra/gold pebble. Perk of being a farmer is not paying to truck water. Will add more pics in a day or 2 when it is full

Attachments

• DF2214FC-3A88-4E9F-AAFC-E897D6E9B141.jpeg
    DF2214FC-3A88-4E9F-AAFC-E897D6E9B141.jpeg
    378.6 KB · Views: 147
  • D16D460C-38E0-48BD-A630-BC3418BFA2E6.jpeg
    D16D460C-38E0-48BD-A630-BC3418BFA2E6.jpeg
    313.1 KB · Views: 155
  • DCCC0556-3AC6-4E10-A9DA-5B2B8FD83977.jpeg
    DCCC0556-3AC6-4E10-A9DA-5B2B8FD83977.jpeg
    433.3 KB · Views: 152
Reactions: mickey4paws
That sure is a pretty liner! I've never seen a tan one up close and it looks just stunning. We're replacing our 16 year old liner in August (Kim, my patch didn't hold so good). I have no idea which design to pick. Our PB is dropping off samples this week. The company he uses only has 12 designs so not a lot to pick from, but in my case that might be a good thing. Farmstan91, enjoy that gorgeous new liner!

Reactions: jberger
Pb added the chems about 20 minutes ago so gonna let everything cycle overnight before i test. Couple questions. He added 6# cya dumped straight in the skimmer. How long should i let it cycle before checking that? Poolmath says i need another 3-4lbs. Should i go ahead and add it or wait and see what i end up with?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Test it first you dont know for sure until you do so. If you are setting up for a SWG you can creep it up as you go as long as your 40-50 to start with. He did a nice job wet setting the stairs I like to see it done right, they all cut them in with just the vacuum anymore

Stan can you please put what kind of filter you have in your siggy-cartridge, sand, DE. THANKS!

CYA I would not bother testing for it today as it might take a while for it to show up with the way he added it. This is how the bottle says to add it but we found it gets in the water faster putting it in a sock and hanging it in front of a return. You can do it "our" way when you are ready to add more.

Kim:kim:

Reactions: Farmerstan91
First test
Ph 7.7
Ta 170
Cya 45
Ch 140
Fc 12.5
Cc 0

Gonna give cya another day but thats right where it should be. Fc he put in a shock level amount to start so will let that burn off. Any other adjustments other than ph a touch?

Those are some sweet numbers right there!! Call your CYA 50 for the FC levels you need.

Your TA is tad high so we will keep an eye on your pH. TA and pH go hand in hand. Your pH will tell you where it wants the TA to be. If your pH jumps up every day then bring the TA down. Here is a link:

Keep a good journal of your tests. After a while you will start to see some patterns in your pool. That will make your pool care even easier!

Those are some sweet numbers right there!! Call your CYA 50 for the FC levels you need.

Your TA is tad high so we will keep an eye on your pH. TA and pH go hand in hand. Your pH will tell you where it wants the TA to be. If your pH jumps up every day then bring the TA down. Here is a link:

Keep a good journal of your tests. After a while you will start to see some patterns in your pool. That will make your pool care even easier!

Thank you for the tips and help

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.