Finally a real test kit.

Apr 28, 2020
Northern Nevada
My TF100 arrived today finally, so I could finally see what's happening in this pool. I was a bit surprised by the results.
FC .5
CC .5
ph 7.8
TA 110
CH 325
CYA 0 (Filled entire tube with water it was clear did this test twice with 2 different samples)

Added 1 gallon of Walmart pool cholrine.
I have a new bag of HTH Pods stabilizer that I'll add in an hour.

Anything else I should be focusing on? I was going to add acid once I got my cholrine and CYA dialed in.

Thanks for your patience and time.

Put the pods in a sock to dissolve.
If you do not, the granules will go to your filter undissolved. Don't backwash for at least a week if done without a sock.
Wait until pH reaches 8 to add acid. Your CYA add will actually decrease your pH a bit.

<snip>
CYA 0 (Filled entire tube with water it was clear did this test twice with 2 different samples)
Not to insult you, but you did remember to mix the CYA reagent into the sample? You wrote "water" but in reality it's "sample"

That bit of quibbling aside.... is this you?
full

Reactions: HighDesertPool
Not to insult you, but you did remember to mix the CYA reagent into the sample? You wrote "water" but in reality it's "sample"

Indeed I did add the reagent, (both times) I should have stated sample but it was so clear I just thought water.
To be honest, once the sight tube was completely full the refraction caused the black dot to look tiny, so I wasn't sure if that what was being referred to as "not being able to see the dot" so I watched a video to see the dot will be obscured by hazy a "sample" so that's why I did it a second time. Sure enough, a second clear.....sample.

That bit of quibbling aside.... is this you?
full

Lab jacket aside, this is how I felt. My wife was laughing at my little table of "lab equipment"

Edit: The picture made me laugh enough, I decided that it should be me. Now it's my avatar. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: IceShadow
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.