Final review of soon to be built OB- Tampa

May 2, 2017
Tampa, FL
I have been lurking for a couple of years now and have posted a few threads with various questions which have all been answered. I am so grateful of this website! Anyway, here is where we are at.

Initial budget was about $50,000. :p:p:p . WAS........... :mad:

- Existing gunite pool and screen enclosure will be demo'd starting January 2nd, 2019 and each other step will follow. Looking to have water by mid March. We have all of our subs already lined up from demo, layout, dig, steel, electrical, plumbing, decking, and new screen enclosure.

And to put it out there, we are not doing automation. We do not have it with the current pool and feel it is unnecessary for us.

Info is below pics:

10fvshs.jpg

10d8t2r.jpg

j0bm1t.jpg

Shotcrete will be used
Raised spa will have a 10" beam so that 12x24" double bullnose coping can be used around the perimeter.
Pool is essentially 30x16 with a large sunshelf and an attached 8x6 spa raised 12" with 4' spillover into pool
Pool is approximately 11,364 gallons and spa is approximately 547 gallons.
Depth is 3.5" to 6"

There will be a 500 gallon LP tank buried in the yard to supply the pool heater, future standby generator, and barbecue grill.

Equipment list as follows: Feel free to add any input at all. Will gladly take it.

Pentair Intelliflo pump- 011018
Hayward 60sq ft DE filter
Hayward AQR15 salt generator
Sta-rite Max-E-Therm 400k BTU heater
**** 3 Pentair Globrites or microbrites (leaning toward microbrites) for pool- 1 in spa, 1 microbrite on sunshelf
2 pentair LED bubblers on sunshelf
3 deck jets (placement undecided)
Intermatic 300w transformer
ALL jandy rebuildable valves. No ball valves. Anywhere!
We would like to include an auto drain and are exploring options of just using a knockout in the skimmer box or an open pipe.

I cannot remember off of the top of my head which size piping the plumber will be using but i am almost positive it is 2.5" suction lines and 2" plumbing. I am not opposed to 3" suction lines and 2.5" return lines even if it is a little more money.

Waterline tile is undecided but likely going to be Mastertile Galaxy 1x2 glass tile WITHOUT a mesh backing!!! The two that are also being considered are Mastertile 6x6 volcano and Mastertile 6x6 Baroque. I will try and upload actual pictures of the samples tomorrow.

Galaxy
29fs3s9.jpg

Baroque
68yn28.png

Volcano
312dbvr.jpg

Coping will be 12x24 ivory travertine. Spa spillover will be the glass waterline tile.
Decking is approximately 1100 sq feet of ivory travertine pavers in a french pattern. There will also be about 650sq feet of ivory travertine tile under the covered patios which will be placed on the existing deck. Unfortunately when the builder built the house, there is maybe 1" of elevation difference between the patio, the sliding glass doors, and the inside foundation of the house. So pavers cannot be used.:hammer:

Pool plaster will be NPT stonescapes mini pebble. Color is undecided but we are going for a lighter blue such as Aqua blue or Aqua white.

Sorry for the long winded post, but any and all nitpicking, advice, or criticizing will be greatly appreciated.

Well there it is! Your pool has morphed over time for sure. I see my idea stuck and am very happy about that.

Heater-I know quite a few people say the Raypac heaters above other brands. You can do a search to see the details if you like.

LOVE the glass tile! Now for you next job with it. Pick out the mastic that will go under it. The different colors will change the color of the tile. Get a sample of the tile to bring home. Get some paint sample cards that mimic the mastic colors. Go out to where the pool will be and see which one you like the best. THEN find some grout sticks to help pick out a grout color for that pretty tile. Lighter will make each tile stand out, darker will help them blend together.

The water line tile -ask to see a box of each so you can see how each tile is very different and go from there. When you pick out which one you like have it sent to the house so you can dig through the boxes to get rid of the "ugly" ones and to find the really pretty ones to go on the back wall.

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.