Filter seems to clog after a couple hours

I'm late to this thread but two things come to my mind....

1. I am not a DE guy but I do not think a DE filter should be operated without DE

2. If your filter clogs very quickly with DE, it is doing exactly what it is intended to do.....filter impurities from your water. That is almost surely an algae bloom but the next step in order to progress is for you to post a full set of test results......that should confirm or at least give us a clue as to what is in your water.
the gauge will tell you a lot about your pool. check it often and learns what the changes mean.

Dave is correct. Do not run your filter without DE.

How's the water? Hopefully starting to look better.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Well it's much better than it was. We just bought the house (it was bank owned) and the bank just filled it and pretty much left it. If I could spend a couple days straight cleaning the filter every few hours I think it would be clear in a few days time. Gonna do another FC test tonight to see how high I am.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.