Filter putting vaccumed dirt back in the pool

Desiree1982

May 26, 2020
Baseball30
Everyday I vacuum the pool, come back two hours later and the sand filter appears to shoot the dirt right back in, I find it all on the bottom again. Pool place had me try Bacquicil in the filter, no luck. I back washed, no luck.
Any suggestions?
Thanks for any help, sand filter five years old, sand changed three years ago.

Pool place had me try Bacquicil in the filter,
What? :hammer: There goes the pool store advice again. My goodness. Welcome to TFP! :wave: So whenever something is blowing back into the pool at the return jets, you have to ask two immediate questions:
1 - Is it sand? If it gritty and confirmed to be sand, you probably have something wrong in the filter (lateral assembly, center pipe, something) that needs to be inspected.
2 - If it's slimy/green/smudgy like, it's probably algae in which case a SLAM Process would be required.
3. Please update your signature with all of you pool and equipment details. Include the test kit.
4. Speaking of test kit, post a full set of water results.

Now for the filter. Is this a Baquaciil pool or a chlorine pool? Do you use regular bleach, liquid chlorine, or tablets occasionally? If chlorine, adding baqua may have just ruined the sand in your filter. @Leebo what do you say?

Let's get more info from you and we'll try to help from there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.