Filter/Pump Base Noise

Herbaldew

Bronze Supporter
Jul 16, 2018
Milton DE
Hi,

I replaced my sand filter with a cartridge filter at the beginning of this season and had to battle noise. The noise is basically the base acting as an amplifier of the motor vibration. Both were combo units with base - actually, I am pretty sure the bases are identical but never had a sound problem with the sand filter. Maybe because the sand filter was so much heavier? The sound can be completely eliminated by grabing to top of the filter and applying lateral pressure. Anyway, I made it through the season using various applications of wooden wedges, foam padding and styrofoam blocks - all rather unsightly so I would like a cleaner fix.

My thought is to either add rubberized spray sound deadener to the inside of the base, or fill the entire base up with spray foam. I am hesitant to add any mats as that would require replumbing to account for the height of said mats.

Thoughts? Thanks
download.jpg420.jpg421.jpg

I vote to fill the entire base up with spray foam.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.