filter pump and booster pump stopped working at same time

cramer

Jun 26, 2010
I noticed that my filter pump did not come on today as it is programmed to do. Put it in 'service mode', checked circuit breakers...all looks fine, but the pump will not come on. I assumed that I have a problem with the pump. Then I noticed that my booster pump also will not come on. In both cases, when turned on, I hear a click within the electrical panel box, but nothing at the pumps...no humming, no sound whatsoever. So I'm thinking a wiring / electrical issue of some sort? It's so unlikely that both pumps would go out at the same time....

this looks like a great forum...thanks in advance for your suggestions.

I did check the circuit breakers. All are on. I then turned them off and back on again, but still nothing at the pumps. I don't know if it's really relevant, but I do have a another pump that goes to a waterfall....that pump is operating properly.

cramer said:
In both cases, when turned on, I hear a click within the electrical panel box, but nothing at the pumps...no humming, no sound whatsoever. So I'm thinking a wiring / electrical issue of some sort? It's so unlikely that both pumps would go out at the same time....

this looks like a great forum...thanks in advance for your suggestions.

If it is a click within the panel box your hearing, It sounds like a bad breaker to me..or a short with your wiring causing the breaker to kick. I've seen breakers that kick out, but don't throw the lever to the off position. Usually when that happens, there is a difference between the effort to reset the breaker in comparison to a good one. Sign of a bad breaker in my opinion..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.