kynagr

Apr 27, 2015
Lemoore/CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a fresh pool fill that won’t turn blue. After filling the pool it has a light tint of green to the water and that is normal in my area however it hasn’t cleared up after running the system almost non stop for 3 weeks. Chlorine is above 10ppm and no visible algae growth, good water flow in from the skimmer and out on the returns. Changed all the cartridges to new ones a week ago due to it not clearing up, replaced the air vent screen tube inside the filter. I just can’t figure out what is going on. Filter is a Water Way 425

The Wiki is a great start too, and has other articles linked at the bottom.

The stains look iron-y but the water seems cloudy on top of that. Why did you refill ? Was it municipal or well water ?

The Wiki is a great start too, and has other articles linked at the bottom.

The stains look iron-y but the water seems cloudy on top of that. Why did you refill ? Was it municipal or well water ?
I refilled 3 weeks ago and it was city water

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
FC 10
PH 7.8
Alkalinity 110
CYA 30
Calcium 0 haven’t added any yet
Highly unlikely your CH is zero

Have a look at the extended test kit instructions

Enter all your results into PoolMath and click the checkmark to save.

Update your signature with info on your pool, pool equipment (including manufacturers and model numbers) and test kit.

How old are your test kit reagents?
How are they stored?

Do you think it could be a possible cracked bottom manifold in the filter causing this issue. I was told this is a possibility.
Unlikely. There appears to be too much suspended material (cloudy) for that. If you have any doubt about algae before initiating a SLAM Process you can perform an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test first.