Silver Supporter
Jul 3, 2020
West Hills, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all - Pentair 420 cartridge filter. Cleaned the filter and replaced the rubber O-ring because original was stretched out and appeared to be leaking air. New O-ring was thinner which allowed the clamp to be tightened down much further. I put lots of lube on the O-ring. Now, perhaps unsurprisingly the pressure is higher than before, but this has caused my suction cleaner not to work/work as well. Pressure is about 11psi when running at 2900 or so which is my higher speed for half the day. At the lower speed the cleaner will not work at all.

after cleaning the pressure went up? It should have gone down... changing out the O ring would not have made the pressure go up.. Did something get on the filters, how did you clean them?

Usually the pressure has gone down, yes. I think the reason the pressure went up this time is that I sealed the filter better with the new O-Ring and lots of lube. The pressure was lower before cleaning because of air leaks Mostly annoyed by the fact that my suction cleaner isn't working well now.

Fixed the suction cleaner - it was a coincidence that the cleaner broke at the same time I cleaned the filter. The system is operating at a higher pressure now than before but that is only because the system is completely airtight now. The pump holds water, whereas before it did not. Thanks for responding.

Reactions: cowboycasey
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.