Filter placement for winter

Jun 6, 2014
NYC
Hello all

I just finished closing up my agp. I have a question about my sand filter
I spoke to the pool store by me and they said i don't need to dump sand out every year just drain the water out of it and it will be fine through the winter. So now i have my valve set at closed and i had it for a week now to drain all water is it really safe from cracking? Can i leave it i. The spot it is now or i have to move it to my shed? Also the pvc ball valves are good to attach to the skimmer and return? Will they freeze up and crack? Any information would be great

Chris:

Please add your signature as it makes it easier for members to help you once we know what you are working with.

Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post

Yes, perfectly fine. Remove the drain plug for the winter as well as the pressure gauge and sight glass. You can place the MPV between 2 settings. Winterize is fine, but although I have seen almost everyone in the business here in NJ place between 2 settings. Based on information below, there is no issue or stress on any components, but I follow what I have seen.

# 7 below.

Multiport Valve Settings Demystified: | InTheSwim Pool Blog

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.