TFP Guide
Jun 7, 2018
Alamo, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have 4 giant cartridges in my CCP520 filter, so cleaning them is some amount of work. Since I've been using hair nets in my 2 skimmer baskets, I decided to try the experiment of cleaning my filter cartridges once a year instead of every 6 months.

It's only been 11.5 months, but the weather is nice today so I decided to go ahead and do it.

I was impressed how little there was to clean off the filter cartridges. No debris of any size. No bugs, no leaf fragments. Almost no debris sitting at the bottom of the filter cannister. All that stuff got caught upstream. There was just a fine gray powdery coating on the cartridges, which washed off easily with my Aqua Comb.

I vote for hair nets in the skimmer baskets. I'm Rocket J Squirrel, and I approve this message.

I second that because I do the same and have experienced the very same. In fact the pressure due to this method holds steady with barely a move. I can't say I have 11.5 month as our swim season is short but I have one pool opened March 23 and we're closing mid november and haven't cracked open the filter this year.

I have the ccp 320 but I do not run hair nets... I can confirm when I clean mine all sorts of "stuff" comes out and my pressure rises 1 to 1.5 psi over the year, well from Mar to Nov :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.