Filter cleaning and soak

Apr 5, 2017
Houston
For the element deep clean ((TSP degrease and MA soak) is the general thought to have a dedicated pail or can I use my normal trash can. Perhaps pre clean w TSP.

My rubbish canister is not too gross. I rinse them a few times a year.

Thanks.

Getting ready for spring.
This is the start of the second spring in this house. Gear is older so I’m sure it’s not been done.

My full clean lean pressure is around 25 psi so now hat I’m acclimated, I hope a full clean brings that pressure back down.

For a de filter, just a spray down is usually sufficient. A TSP soak is usually not necessary and an acid soak should only be done if the grids are scaled.

Acid damages the grids, so you want to use the weakest solution possible.

If your clean pressure is 25, that's not good.

The pump is way oversized and it's probably worthwhile replacing it at some point.

Your the first one to suggest my up rated 2HP pump on 1.5” lines is overpowered.

I tend to to think this, but when I ask about the benefit of the IntelliFlo VS vs Superflo VS consensus seems to be go with the 3HP.?!

Any examples of a DE grid needing acid soak.

inhappened to pick up a used 1.5HP for a side project. I think I’ll check with a swap.

Either vs pump would work. The only benefit of the IntelliFlo over the superflo is that you can run the IntelliFlo at a lower rpm for the same flow rate, which is quieter.

Grids rarely need acid soaking. Only if you feel rough crusty scale.

Your pool is bigger than average, but a total of about 1.25 hp would be more than enough.

If you went with a variable speed pump, you could probably reduce the total energy usage by at least half and possibly up to 3/4 reduction.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.