Filter blew it's top off

A system like yours should produce about 9-14 psi on high speed, clean filter.

If the new gauge doesn't indicate that, there is VERY likely some blockage on the pressure side. I suppose it is possible that, when new, eyeballs that were too small were put on the returns.
Nothing has changed since 2015, until now. Filter pressure has always been 20psi after backwashing. Backwashing has always been done around 26psi. Not sure what you mean by 'eyeballs', but entire system, meaning pool, all attached pumps, filter, manifold, and valves have been functioning perfectly since 2015. So, I am going to have to look at possibly deep cleaning the filter after the new guage is installed, to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks, I should have figured out the eyeballs, but.....
They have not been touched in 5 years, all has been stable for 5 years.

Many users will not download a file or go to another site to look at your pictures.
Just attach the pics here - directly in your post. You may have to resize them or turn off HDR on your phone camera to reduce the file size.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.