zolveria

May 19, 2022
hudson valley ny
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a hydro tools 14-inch filter company that stated it can take all types of media including filter balls .. however, my filter has a straight stem with no laterals. i ordered the minis filter balls . anyone else has experience with filter balls

hi there Zolveria :)
What type and size pool do you have? Type?? How are you Testing & sanitizing your water? Tell me more!

Here are some older posts that mention them-

Maddie :flower:
it a bestway above ground soft wall just tired of the pool cartridge which is hard to find during the summer. so 15x48 just purchased the

HYDROTOOLS BY SWIMLINE 14 Inch Sand Filter Combo Set With Stand & Multi-Port Valve |0.43 THP DOE Complaint Pump 2400 GPH | Up to 10500 Gallons | 60 Pound Sand Capacity |​

i heard sand is hard to install the first time. and filer balls were easier :) I normally last year maintained the pool I shocked it and it was great. new to this.. had to managed the leaves falling cant avoid that as I'm surrounded my pine trees :(

Oh no! Sand isn't hard to install at all. Just use the right type of #20 POOL sand.

We don't "shock" our pools here on TFP. Most of us use either Liquid Chlorine daily, or a Salt Water Chlorine Generator. Sooo much easier and cheaper than pool store products. That;s a large enough pool that you also need a GOOD test kit.

ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
Recommended Levels
FC/CYA Levels

Oh no! Sand isn't hard to install at all. Just use the right type of #20 POOL sand.

We don't "shock" our pools here on TFP. Most of us use either Liquid Chlorine daily, or a Salt Water Chlorine Generator. Sooo much easier and cheaper than pool store products. That;s a large enough pool that you also need a GOOD test kit.

Recommended Levels
FC/CYA Levels
THANK YOU FOR THIS.. IM RETURNING THE FILTER BALLS. AND buying mystic II sand 16 for 50 pounds i need 60# so ill be weighing out the 10lb i need :)

Recommended Levels
FC/CYA Levels
what a saltwater chlorine generator? i can attached that to my pump system :)

I have a hydro tools 14-inch filter company that stated it can take all types of media including filter balls .. however, my filter has a straight stem with no laterals. i ordered the minis filter balls . anyone else has experience with filter balls
We had filter balls for the past 2 years. Our water was never clearer, but we put 2.5 bags in our 26” filter. My husband said cleaning them and storing them was easier than the sand. We were disappointed when we went to buy new ones, the store didn’t have them, so we converted back to sand. We bought blue colored filter balls from Family Leisure. Granted, I hate having to even enter their doors, but that purchase worked for us. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.