Filter aids during AA treatment

Remember that the precision of the CYA test is not all that great, but the chart for CYA & chlorine works well in practice so the ambiguity is not important.

Sent via Tapatalk...

Hey, so I've been broadcasting the CYA as described by the container, like feeding pigeons in the park, really fine.

And the Polaris robot is gathering it up and catching it in his bag. Is CYA notoriously slow to dissolve?
I always used to add it via the skimmer, but was afraid this time to fill up the filter with it.

Nice part is that when I take the bag and dip it in the water like a teabag, it emits a nice cloud of CYA, not the granules.

And my FC is still 0.5 after running the SWG all night at 100%. Have I created the "chlorine demand"? Guess I do not understand that concept.
EDIT: Just realized we went from 75 degrees on Monday to 31 degrees today, so the SWG was likely not producing last night, as it cuts out at a water temp of 48. Off to Sams to get some Bleach. (and the other B's, which I have used up.)

Well, all seemed to be going well. Got my CYA up to 40, CH=260, TA=100, FC=2.5, TC=2.5, Borate=50.

Over the past week, the stains have returned. Kind of a bad weather week. Rain, clouds, backwashing pollen.

Are you successful folks using sequestrant on a regular basis? I have not been, and got away with it up until this week.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.