Film on top of water

swimming3

May 26, 2020
Austin
Hi all, if you've seen any of my posts, you may have followed my progressions from ascorbic acid treatment for iron stains to black algae. Now that the pool is clear, we did a treatment on the sand filter with Proteam Filter Magic. We followed the deep cleaning directions and put 32 ounces in overnight then backwashed in the morning. We now have this film on top of the water. Is this from the filter treatment? How do we get rid of it?

The water is clear. Chlorine still high as we've been keeping it up the week post black-algae so it's around 10-11 ppm. PH 7.2. TA 7. CH somewhat difficult to measure because of the film but I think in low 200s.

Attachments

• IMG_4949.jpg
    IMG_4949.jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4950.jpg
    IMG_4950.jpg
    318.9 KB · Views: 17
I'd say yes, it's from the 🌈 magic potion 🌈 you put in your filter. You apparently didn't get it all backwashed out. You're going to have to keep backwashing, or dump the sand and replace it after thoroughly cleaning the tank and multiport valve. You're still going to have to deal with the residue in your pipes.

Next time just do a deep cleaning with nothing but water.

Thanks! I actually called Proteam, and they suggested similar. My biggest concern was this affecting my chemicals balance, but she said it would not. She said to speed up the breakdown/removal process we could use tennis balls, skimmer socks, etc for absorption. I guess it's a surfactant composition, which makes sense. She did say I could use an enzyme, but I agree with you. Since its really just an aesthetic issue, I'm overly concerned now. Thank you for your help!

In the future just do this to clean your sand 👇

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.