Filling saluspa with air without draining.

SteveeG

Mar 27, 2020
Everett wa, usa
I just got a hand me down saluspa. I've seen how to put air in without draining the spa. But What if you don't have the air hose? I was gifted my spa and I dont have that part/he air hose (which appears unorderable) nor do i have the caps to go inside although i was able to order those and 1 is on the way and 2 backordered.

I bought a little coleman pump that filled it up just fine empty. When full of water, Can you leave everything connected and just fill the air hole using the pump without removing water since I won't be using the pump/heater unit to fill it with air?

Welcome to TFP.

There seems to be many models of saluspas. So you are missing the air hose and you ordered 1 of something is on its way and 2 of something is backordered.

Then you found a little Coleman pump and air hose that worked so you are now enjoying your spa?

Do I have it correct so far?

Well congratulations and enjoy!

Show us pics of what you scored. We like pics.

I bought a little coleman pump that filled it up just fine empty. When full of water, Can you leave everything connected and just fill the air hole using the pump without removing water since I won't be using the pump/heater unit to fill it with air?
I don't have a SaluSpa, but I used to have an Intex spa. I could top off the air it was full of water.

Is there a check valve on the air inlet? In other words, if you open the cap does air come out? On my spa there was a check valve, so it would not let air in or out unless a hose was connected. I would start the air pump, then hook it up to the spa with the air pump running. Once filled, I would disconnect the air hose before turning off the air pump.

If your spa air fill port does not have a check valve I would be hesitant to try and fill it with air while the spa is filled with water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.