Filling pool as we speak, now what?

Alright... Aqua smart cartridge will be removed, and conditioner will be added as soon as pool level is high enough to turn pump on. then test kit will be in and we will go from there! Thanks for all the help! Richard, i looked through pool school and could find nothing on MPS? So what is the Blast then? I mean what is MPS shock?

Jfoeller0103 said:
Alright... Aqua smart cartridge will be removed, and conditioner will be added as soon as pool level is high enough to turn pump on. then test kit will be in and we will go from there! Thanks for all the help! Richard, i looked through pool school and could find nothing on MPS? So what is the Blast then? I mean what is MPS shock?
Like I said in my first reply here, you don't have to wait to suspend the CYA in the pool, and if you place it in the hose stream, it will dissolve faster than just hanging there. They key is to not have it sitting in one spot with no water flow past it. You want to disperse it as it dissolves, and it can take several days to do it. Ignore the directions on the package - it won't predissolve.

Monopersulfate shock is a non-chlorine oxidizer - think chemical flame. It burns things up. Sunscreen, snot, dead skin cells, all of that stuff needs to be oxidized. Bleach is also an oxidizer, with the added benefit of being a great sanitizer. Two for one. You'll probably never need that Blast stuff, but as long as the package stays sealed, it will last for years. Hang on to it, someday you might run across someone with a Bromine spa, and they can use it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.